If there’s anything I know – it’s that I’m an old-school noodle kugel guy. That means no rosemary, no crème fraiche and no matsutake mushrooms. But it does mean sour cream, cottage cheese and corn flakes. And old-school delicious flavor.
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
- In a separate bowl combine melted butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, eggs and raisins – mix.
- Add drained noodles to bowl and combine well. Spoon into a greased 9”x13” pan.
- Combine brown sugar with corn flakes and sprinkle over the top, pushing down just slightly.
- Bake 60 minutes or until center is set. Let cool a bit before serving.