This is essential if you want to remove the stress from a big family breakfast or brunch, you can make these eggs up to 2 days ahead of time!
- eggs (however many you need...)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups ice
- Fill large bowl with ice and cold water - put to one side
- Crack eggs individually in to a small bowl
- In medium pot simmer 8 cups water – little bubbles at the bottom – if you want use a thermometer, 198 degrees (not boiling, 212 degrees)
- Spin the water creating a vortex, slip one egg into center
- Simmer for 3 minutes, maybe gently nudge it to stop it sticking to the bottom
- Using slotted spoon gently scoop out egg, whites should be firm to touch and yolk area soft
- Place in iced water, then repeat cooking steps 4-7 for each egg
- Store eggs and water in fridge for up to 2 days
- To reheat: gently place eggs in a pot boiling water, boil for 1 minute ONLY, serve!