- 30 raw shelled Shrimp (size: 21/25)
- 2-3 tablespoons Kewpie mayonnaise (Japanese mayo)
- Nanami Togarashi (Japanese Mixed pepper seasoning) *
- 1-2 tablespoons EVOO
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat grill
- Pinch tails off, skewer each shrimp so it is straight, see photo
- Drizzle EVOO, sprinkle with big pinch Kosher salt
- Grill 2 minutes maximum, each side, remove from grill
- Brush on Kewpie mayo to one side, sprinkle with Togarashi
- Place back on flaming hot grill for 15 seconds, until a little blacked, or if you have one use a gas torch, that's what I use.
* If you don't have this seasoning, you can sub, with a mix of fresh Kosher salt, Paprika and fresh black pepper.