An old-school, terrible sounding thing – but oh crap is it fricking good!
- 1 yellow onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb approx. ground beef (I feel the packages are closer to 1.3 pounds for some reason theses days – but anything close will do)
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon each onion powder & garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 4 -6 of your favorite buns, even hot dog buns will work nicely you’ll just need more of them
- ½ cup French Fried Onions
- Soften onions in pan with oil over medium heat about 5 minutes
- Put in the ground beef and cook until most of the pink is gone
- Add seasonings, stir well to combine and cook a couple minutes
- Add broth & Worcestershire and let simmer about 15 minutes or until the broth has just evaporated
- Toast buns lightly, add some of the meat, then the crunchy onions, the top bun and… eat.