Butter, scallops & ginger - this is truly a magical combination.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Finlandia butter*
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound large fresh scallops, about 12
- Canola oil
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine butter, ginger and green onion in a small bowl – mix well and set aside
- Lightly oil room temperature scallops and season with salt, pepper and put in a hot non-stick pan
- When scallops are golden brown on bottom – after about a minute and a half, flip over and add the butter
- While they cook on the second side, baste the scallops with the melting butter – and when done…
- Plate on top of rice and drizzle with more of the butte.