BEST STEAK EVER.
One of my all time favorite foods, never fails to please.
- 2 fat Ribeye steaks, removed from fridge 30 mins prior
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Big pinch Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- instant-read thermometer
- Preheat oven 450
- non stick medium skillet on medium/low heat, add oil and onions, cook 8-10 minutes until golden
- Add butter and brown sugar to onions, remove from heat, cover to keep warm
- Preheat cast iron skillet on high heat for about 10 minutes until smoking
- Rub little oil on both sides of steak, season well with Kosher salt and black pepper
- Add steak to hot skillet, cook 2 minutes flip cook 1 minute, place cast iron pan in hot oven
- Stand by, using an instant read thermometer, check temperature in the middle is 131-135 for medium rare, I like to take out at 130 and let it sit
- Top with blue cheese crumbles, tent with foil for 10 minutes to let meat rest
- Serve sliced on bed of onions, enjoy!