Think of this as a deconstructed version of lasagna.
- 1/2 lb lasagna, broken into 2 inch-ish pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ pack fajita seasoning
- 15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350
- Break the lasagna noodles into small (1 to 2” pieces) and cook until done
- Brown ground beef in cast iron pan or oven proof skillet until about halfway done, then add onions and garlic – cook until beef is fully cooked and vegetables softened - drain any excess fat
- Put back on heat and add fajita seasoning – stir well to combine thenstir in tomatoes, drained noodles and ¾ of the cheese
- Combine everything well, and season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Simmer about 5 minutes, top with remaining cheese and bake in oven until bubbly and the top is beginning to brown
- Remove and serve, garnished with a sprinkle of cilantro.