Featured on my TV episode, Mediterranean Day.
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped curly parsley
- ½ cup water
- Put everything but water in a processor and process until smooth
- Add water - and process - set aside
Tomato Parsley Salad
- ¼ cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, mix well and set aside
Makes about 25 small meatballs
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Put ground lamb in a bowl and add cumin, oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Mix well and shape into approximately 1 inch balls.
- Brush lightly with oil and cook on a hot grill until it’s where you like it, about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill, put on a warmed pita with tahini sauce and add some tomatoes.