How have I not done this before?
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 strips bacon, sliced thin
- 4 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of bread (any you like)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 slice cheese (any you like, I used Jack)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In small skillet on medium heat cook bacon until almost crispy, remove excess bacon fat and add mushrooms – cook until nicely softened, about 5 minutes
- Add butter to the bacon mixture then the egg – scramble in the pan until egg cooked through and set aside
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on one side of bread, then cheese and the egg mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste – top with 2nd slice of bread
- Spread top slice with ½ tablespoon mayonnaise, and grill in a non-stick pan until nicely browned – repeat with 2nd sid.