- 6 cups canola or vegetable oil to fry
- ¼ cup mayonnaise- I used Kewpie (Japanese mayo), but regular mayo can work too
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ lb (21/25 size) raw shrimp-peeled and deveined (dried really well)
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oil in wide deep pot to 350 degrees
- In small bowl mix mayo, sweet chili sauce and chili garlic sauce; set aside
- In medium bowl add shrimp and cornstarch, lightly coat shrimp well but shake off excess - set aside.
- Gently place shrimp in oil, cook about 30 seconds or until shrimp gets slightly crispy; remove from oil
- Coat shrimp with a little sauce at a time to your liking, place on serving plate, garnish with green onions.