Featured recipe on my BACK TO SCHOOL DAY TV episode.
- 1 bag frozen fries (I used waffle fries, but any french fry will work)
- 10 ounces pork chorizo
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 large poblano chile pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh green onions
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (deli rotisserie chicken works great)
- Preheat oven per french fry package instructions; spread the fries evenly onto a baking sheet and bake as package instructs - until browned and crunchy
- Cook chorizo in a small sized saucepan until chorizo is done, about 5 minutes - add cream and let simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes
- Roast poblano chile over your stove's open top and keep turning until blackened all around or you can place chile on baking sheet and broil until blackened all the way around - you'll have to turn them a couple times
- Let the pepper cool, and remove blackened skin or put in a paper bag and seal for 10 minutes to steam then peel off charred skin, remove stem and seeds and dice small - set aside.
- On a plate layer as follows: fries, chicken, chorizo gravy, poblano peppers and green onions
- Be sure to get a little of everything in each bite