Recipe featured on Sam The Cooking Guy Tailgate Day TV episode.
- 1-3 tablespoons neutral oil (like vegetable or canola)
- 3 pound pork shoulder (cut into 1 inch size cubes)
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa verde
- 1 10 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 1 25 ounce can hominy, drained
- ½-1 cup chicken broth
Suggested servings and toppings:
- Cooked riced
- Chopped red onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot on medium-high heat - cook the pork until brown on all sides (cook in batches, add more oil if needed); remove pork and set aside
- In the same pot, saute onions for about a minute, add garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant then add the cooked pork back in
- Next add the salsa, enchilada sauce and hominy; mix and add chicken broth just enough to cover the pork mixture
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer partially covered for about 2 hours or until pork is fork tender
- Serve over cooked rice with tortillas on the side and top with fresh onions and cilantro.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS...