So delicious and easy - plus you'll almost have no clue it’s cauliflower (but your waistline will).
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup red onions, diced small
- ½ cup red bell peppers, diced small
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion
- Remove the core of the cauliflower and coarsely chop off just the florets
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice - shouldn’t take more than 5 or 6 seconds, but if it’s a lot of cauliflower for your processor, do it in 2 batches or it can get mushy.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat with 1 tablespoon oil then add onions, peppers and mushrooms; stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds) then add the cauliflower rice - drizzle with a little more oil, and stir frequently until all is heated through and beginning to get a bit of color - maybe 3 minutes
- Then add the soy, sesame oil and Sriracha - mix well
- Finally add the beaten eggs, and stir until egg is cooked through - about another minute
- Remove from heat - serve and garnish with green onions.