A little sweet, a little sour and all damn delicious - and did I mention tender? This is sure to make a Filipino lola (grandma) very proud :)
Serves 2-4 people (depends how hungry you are...)
- 2 pounds skin on, bone-in, chicken thighs (skinless, boneless work great too)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine soy, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar, garlic and bay leaves in the bottom of a large pot with a well fitting lid pot.
- Place chicken skin side down in pot and bring to a boil
- Immediately turn down to a simmer and cover
- After 30 minutes remove lid, turn chicken over and simmer for another 20 - 30 minutes until super tender
- Serve with steamed rice.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS...
Btw, yes – I did forget to add the brown sugar in this video (I hate me sometimes).