- 1 & 1/2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 - 8 oz can El Pato tomato sauce (the YELLOW can)
- Garlic Salt
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your sirloin into thin strips (across the grain for tenderness)
- Saute in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until most of the pink is gone
- Add vegetables, seasonings and sauces, season with salt and pepper
- Cover and let simmer 20-30 minutes on low
- In the last 5 minutes, you can add chopped cilantro if you want.
- This tastes even better the longer you let it simmer and is great for leftovers. Serve with Spanish rice and re-fried beans and flour tortillas.