Serves maybe 5 as an appetizer
I have always been a proponent of keeping a bag of frozen shell-on & de-veined shrimp in the freezer, and this recipe proves my point beautifully. At the absolute last minute you can have an awesome, delicious and fun meal. But it's a shame to eat these alone - turn them into a party.
- 1 pound 21/25 shrimp raw, shell-on & deveined (and defrosted)
- 1.5 sticks butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp each: crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 bottle beer
- Melt 1 stick of butter with garlic over medium heat.
- Add spices and mix well then add shrimp - turn over when shrimp are pink on bottom side
- When shrimp are cooked on both sides, add remainder of butter, beer, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice - heat through.
- Serve with lots of cold bottled beer, warm crusty bread and newspaper as placemats.
- Lots of napkins too.