This culinarily ambiguous healthy salad…dip... side dish…or, as the south call it, "Cowboy Caviar" (which was highly recommended to me by my SIL, Danna) is so versatile, it's perfect for any potluck party.
- 2/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 15 oz can black eyed peas, drained
- 11 oz can White Shoepeg Corn (or reg corn), drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, de-seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Mix everything up in a big bowl, eat!
TIP: Make a bunch, keep it in the fridge, it'll be good for 4-5 days. I would serve this with a burger, steak or grilled Tuna. If you don't have BEPeas just use cannellini beans.