I have a lot of friends who LOVE shrimp, but feel like they often overcook them. And not only is this way is nearly foolproof because of the gentle poaching, but with the butter they come out tender, juicy, buttery (of course) and amazing.
Serves 4 as an appetizer - or one if you're stupid hungry
- 2 sticks, or 14 ounces Finlandia salted butter *
- 1 pound 16/20 shrimp, peel, deveined with tail-on, room temperature
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
- Parsley chopped for garnish
- Slowly melt butter in a medium pot
- Add shrimp so they are covered with butter – if not all will fit covered, repeat this step
- Cook until shrimp are just done – tender, juicy but not overdone – probably 3-5 minutes total
- Serve in a bowl seasoned with salt & pepper and garnished with the chopped parsley
- And fine, if you had a little bread you could always dip that too. Just sayin…
* Finlandia butter is available at Vons, Albertsons and Safeway.