Can anything better then these simply cooked carrots?
Makes a pound
- 1 pound baby multi-colored carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Finlandia butter*
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely diced
- Slice carrots lengthwise, trim green at the top, but leaving about ½ of the green at the top
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the carrots
- Begin to cook, slowly and season to taste with salt & pepper
- Turn over every so often to get color on all sides
- Cook until crisp/tender – and when they’re almost done, add remaining butter and chives
- Plate and serve
*Finlandia butter is available at Vons, Albertsons and Safeway.