This is very impressive looking when done, not to mention easy. I know I say that a lot but it really is. You can find the untreated cedar planks at your local lumberyard.
- 1 Cedar plank (dimensions are up to you, but about an inch thick and big enough to fit the salmon with at least an inch of border, but not too big to fit in your barbeque)
- 1 whole salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 cups brown sugar
- Spray bottle of water, just in case
- Soak plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium
- Place salmon on plank and rub top lightly with oil
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper
- Cover salmon with brown sugar
- Place board with salmon on heated grill and close lid.
- For a filet about an inch at its thickest and depending on how good your barbeque is, it will grill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- The plank sides may flare up during cooking this is no big deal as long as you keep the salmon about an inch away from the edges.
- Remove and serve.