I had this in Cabo recently and couldn't wait to try to make it myself when I got back. And btw...I nailed it.
- 10-12 ounces Mexican chorizo - it comes in a tube that varies in size
- 1 big avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 crusty Mexican sandwich rolls or 3 Ciabatta rolls
- Cook chorizo over medium heat in pan until fully cooked - 8-10 minutes
- While it cooks, put avocado flesh (I hate saying that) in a bowl with lime juice and salt - mix well until it's the consistency of chunky guacamole
- Preheat broiler
- Split and lightly toast buns under broiler, remove
- Put cooked chorizo on bottom of each bun and top with some of the cheese - put back under broiler just until cheese melts
- Remove, put guacamole on top bun, close up and cut in half
- Eat - and if you're really thinking you'll bust out a good Mexican beer to go with this...just sayin.