Makes about 4 cups
I start with Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing - and add. They come in a 2-pack and this recipe makes one pack - for more just double everything. And don't forget to make Stuffing Omelets with the leftovers.
- 1/2 pound bacon (not 'ready bacon') diced
- 3/4 cup each diced yellow onion & celery
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- One-6 ounce bag Mrs Cubbison's Seasoned Cornbread Stuffing
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook bacon in a pan until it barely starts getting crispy - barely
- Remove about 1/2 the fat, then add onion, celery, sage, salt and pepper to the bacon
- Cook veggies until starting to soften, lower the heat and add butter (just to melt the butter, not burn it)
- Put the bacon/veggie/melted butter mix in a large bowl with the cornbread and chicken stock - mix
- Then everything goes into a greased casserole dish, cover with foil and cook at 350 for 30 minutes, then remove foil and continue to cook 5-10 more.