So simple, but you should see how the dogs love them. Stop paying for these in the store...
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325
- Pour hot water over margarine in large bowl
- Stir in powdered milk, salt and egg
- Add flour - 1/2 cup at a time
- Knead for a few minutes to form stiff dough roll out to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter - use a bone one if you have it, though the dogs won't care
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes - they will dry out fairly hard - that's ok.
- Store in a zip lock or plastic container