This can be as easy or as hard as you like. You can buy a whole head of Romaine and make your own croutons, but why bother? Julia Child is not coming to dinner. And even if she was, trust me...she wouldn't notice.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoon crushed croutons - sounds silly but it really adds to the salad
- 1 bag pre-cut romaine
- Croutons for the salad
- Mix all ingredients except Romaine and whole croutons in a small bowl or a 'cruet' (one of those salad mixing jar things.
- Toss with Romaine and croutons.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh shredded Parmesan.