- 6 scallions (green onions)
- 1/4 cup Chinese Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 lb med shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut scallions into 1" pieces.
- Mix together Hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sherry.
- Heat wok until almost smoking and add oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and salt, and stir-fry 20-30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Add scallions and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add Hoisin sauce mixture and stir-fry for another minute.
- Serve immediately with rice.