Of course you can make these from a package mix, but I make these with my kids and they prefer more than less when it comes to the preparation. Not to mention they're pretty darn good!.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar well in a large bowl
- Melt 1/2 the butter in small pot, remove from heat and whisk in egg and milk
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix well
- Gently stir in raspberries and chocolate chips
- On a medium hot griddle or pan, cook pancakes until you get bubbles around the edges and the underside is golden brown
- Flip over and cook until they are perfect - what's perfect you ask? Perfect is when they are done exactly the way you like them. For me, that means cooked and brown on the outside, but not quite cooked on the inside. That's not weird is it?