From the Executive Chef/Partner of Roy's Restaurant in La Jolla, this simple sauce makes something as plain as grilled shrimp come alive. Make it once, and you'll say goodbye to the store bought version forever. Wasabi powder is available at any supermarket. For more info about Roy's, have a look at their website www.roysrestaurants.com.
- 3 Tablespoons Wasabi powder
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Horseradish
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Add enough water to wasabi powder to make a thick paste.
- Add horseradish, ketchup and lime juice.
- Mix smooth and you're done.
- Serve on the side anywhere you might use regular cocktail sauce.