Serves 6 or so
This pound cake is an awesome dessert... but don't take my word for it, bake it and see for yourself.
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup 7-Up
- LEMON GLAZE INGREDIENTS (optional)
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer beat the butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Work in the flour and continue beating until well mixed.
- Slowly add the lemon lime soda and beat until light and fluffy.
- Completely coat the inside of a bundt pan with vegetable oil spray with flour in it.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Test with a fork or wooden skewer. When it comes out clean with no batter sticking to it, it's done.
- Let cake cool and serve with glaze drizzled over the top.
- LEMON GLAZE DIRECTIONS (optional)
- In a bowl, slowly add a bit of the lemon juice to the sugar and butter and begin whisking by hand.
- Add more juice as needed and mix until glaze is thick, but not too thick to pour.