Makes 2 sandwiches
Lox, melty cheese & red onion - what else do you need?
- 4 slices some kind of whole grain bread, you can use whatever you like but a multi grain will just add more flavor and isn't that what we're going for?
- 4 ounces lox
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 8 thin slices Fontina cheese
- Softened butter
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice of bread, add half the salmon to 2 of them, top that with onion, then remaining cheese and finally remaining bread
- Butter one side of bread well and place face down in a heated non-stick pan
- Squish down a little to flatten a bit while it's cooking
- When it's golden brown, butter the top - flip and repeat cooking until golden as well
- Remove and cut into wedges to serve