Makes two (crazy good) sandwiches
When we shoot a show, the crew (Michelle and Shannon) eat whatever it is I've made. And this sandwich went into their top 5...immediately.
You can use a store-bought meatloaf for this - or try the Mexican Meatloaf recipe on the site - it's way good.
- Enough 3/4 thick slices of meatloaf to cover 2 slices of the bread you'll use, which should be:
- 4 slices of something really good, ie sourdough, a hearty rye, whatever
- if you made the Mexican Meatloaf (see recipe) use the sauce from that, if not combine:
- 1/4 cup mayo, 1 Chipotle pepper, minced and a tablespoon of apricot jam
- 4 slices Muenster, Provolone or Havarti cheese
- On a grill or in a non-stick pan, cook the meatloaf slices until heated through and starting to get crispy
- When you flip the slices, add the cheese to the top
- Toast or grill bread
- Spread chipotle mayo on the bread and add arugula, the meatloaf and the final slice of bread