This was an instant classic in my house and has become the Sunday afternoon crowd snack of choice for sporting events or Tivo'd showings of Martha Stewart's Apprentice. Ok so maybe the crowd is a lot smaller for the Martha showings. Fine then, it's just me - you happy now?
- 1 pound pastrami, thinly sliced
- 6 large flour wraps or tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cole slaw, premade - the kind with the carrot, etc.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chilis
- 12 thin slices Muenster cheese
- Mix cole slaw and adobo sauce, set aside
- Heat non-stick pan and add pastrami - the goal is to lightly grill it to bring out the flavor
- I like to try to grill a wraps worth of pastrami at a time so I can melt cheese individually
- Once grilled, add 2 slices of cheese to each pile
- Warm wraps in non-stick pan slightly and add pastrami/cheese
- Place some cole slaw on top, and roll up - or should I say wrap up?