OK - so maybe this is more in my ethnic camp than yours - but it's a Jewish classic. Don't question it - just make it.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced small
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lox, chopped fine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute onions in butter until starting to brown - I said 'starting', not burned up
- Add lox to onions and allow to warm through
- Add eggs and cook as desired. I just mean make them as moist or dry as you like - I don't like mine too dry. Ok, I don't like mine dry at all.