Makes 1 egg
An over easy egg is one of the great joys in life - and learning how to make one without breaking the yolk is important. That being said, you might need to break a few yolks to master this. But once you do - put them everywhere: on some rice, a burger, a benedict, pancakes...the possibilities are endless.
- One egg
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add a little butter
- When the butter stops foaming, crack egg into the pan and season with salt and pepper
- As the white part is starting to set, make sure to lightly loosen the edges with a spatula - you don’t want any sticking
- If any white part tries to escape, herd it back into the oval-ish egg shape
- NOTE: The key is to not flip too early
- Once the whites are mostly set - which is anywhere from about 45 seconds to a minute - take your spatula and in one quick move, slide it completely under the egg and then gently flip it over
- Now it’s only a matter of about 20-30 seconds on that side until it’s done
- Use the quick motion with the spatula, slide under the egg and put wherever it's meant to go.