Serves 6 for an appetizer
Our friends John and Jo Ann (Jo Ann H., Somewhere in Texas) would often serve this amazingly simple and delicious appetizer. When they moved away, we were all sad, but she left the recipe behind and it made us feel a little better (not a lot, just a little.) This is so quick to make and will easily travel to someone else's home - just get it all ready and cook it in their oven. Oh yeah, don't let them tell you there's no room. There's always room, and it only takes 10 minutes.
- 1-10 oz pre baked pizza crust
- 1-7 oz container pesto sauce (you'll use about half)
- 1-4 oz Garlic & Herb soft spreadable cheese (I use Allouette)
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450
- Spread Herb & Garlic cheese over pizza crust
- Spread about half of the pesto evenly over top of cheese
- Sprinkle parmesan over top of pesto. That's it!
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it starts to get bubbly and a little brown
- Cool for a few minutes and then slice into thin wedges