Growing up in Vancouver BC, it rained a lot. And we had salmon a lot. And sometimes we had it when it rained even. OK - so call me homesick...
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large salmon fillet - about 2 pounds
- Combine all ingredients except the salmon in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Turn down heat and simmer for a few minutes until syrupy.
- Turn oven to broil
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil, it's messy
- Place salmon on the foil and baste well with the sauce
- Broil the salmon depending on thickness about 10-15 minutes until done.
- Baste a couple of times during cooking. If it starts to get crispy and a little bit black, that's good.