Makes about 1 cup
Works for pasta, fish or pretty much anything. I put this on a fried egg that's on top of a grilled piece of whole wheat bread - then I drizzle the whole thing with a little really good extra virgin olive oil. Then I eat it. Then I make another one - ok, I'll stop now.
- 1-12 ounce jar roasted red peppers with garlic (if you can find them), drained
- 1 large clove garlic (if you don't have garlic in the peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Approximately 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth, or more if desired
- Put everything in a blender except broth and blend - pretty easy so far huh?
- Add broth until you get the thickness you like
- Heat before using