Aside from maybe the bacon (which frankly you could keep in the freezer and pull out at the last moment) this is a perfect example of "oh yeah, I've got that stuff already" kind of recipe. And isn't that what this is about - great food made easily?
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice bacon crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces and cook in large pan over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Put bacon and 1 tablespoon of the fat in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- Beat together eggs, cream, pepper and salt.
- Drain the pasta well and immediately return it to the cooking pot.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, half of the bacon with its fat and toss well.
- Garnish with sprinkle of extra bacon and a little more Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.