There's just something so right about this it's crazy. And while an omelette with say, bacon and mushrooms is excellent for breakfast - this combo seems to cross all mealtime boundaries. It's not just good for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but especially late night - as in just the 2 of you...a couple glasses of a crisp white wine...on the roof under a big blanket. What? A guy can dream can't he?
- A handful of frozen spinach (however much you would like in your omelette)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Heat a non-stick skillet on the stove, add in the frozen spinach and cook until there isn't anymore liquid (but not until it starts sticking)
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add about a teaspoon of butter to the spinach and melt it, spreading it evenly over the pan
- Pour the eggs over the spinach and cook, pulling the edges away from the pan with a spatula and letting the egg run behind
- When the eggs are set but still a bit moist on top put goat cheese crumbles on one half and fold the other half over to cover the crumbles and let cook about 1 minute
- Flip the entire omelette to the second side and cook for another minute then slide it onto a plate
- Sprinkle with a little more fresh ground pepper, grab 2 forks, a blanket and head up to the roof.