Once you know how easy it is to use the supermarket readily available spring roll wrappers, you can make them with whatever you want - chicken, crab, lobster or just more vegetables. You're totally in the driver's seat.
- 8 ounces whatever - cooked chicken that's been shredded, crab meat, chili - it's up to you (ok, maybe not chili)
- 4 ounces bag-ready mixed coleslaw, the tri-colored kind without the dressing
- 4 tablespoons 'your favorite' spicy Asian stir fry sauce
- 10 large spring roll wrappers
- White and Black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Heat wok until almost smoking, then add 1 tablespoon oil
- Add coleslaw & 'whatever' and stir fry until coleslaw is slightly wilted - about 1 minute
- Stir in sauce and remove from heat - let cool slightly
- Place one wrapper on the counter, with a corner pointing at you
- Put approximately 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the wrapper
- Fold the nearest corner of the wrapper up covering the filling
- Fold in the two sides and finish by rolling away from you and moisten the very end with a dab of water to help stick
- Brush tops very lightly with oil, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake at 375 until lightly brown
- Cut on diagonal and serve with extra sauce for dipping.