So good, creamy & wonderful. Positively dreamy.
- 1 tablespoon each butter & olive oil
- 1 pound, raw peeled & deveined shrimp
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tequila, silver would be most appropriate here
- 1/3 cup Mexican crema
- 1-2 chipotle chiles, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add butter, oil & shrimp
- Season with salt & pepper and cook until about 1/2 way done
- Pull pan off heat and add tequila - slowly slide back as it will likely flame (you want this)
- Let the flame burn down - it will only take a few seconds and put in garlic
- Stir well about 30 seconds and add crema and chipotle - stir well to combine
- Let thicken, add cilantro.
- Serve this on rice, pasta or by itself.