I’m a fan of mussels cuz they’re quick and inexpensive. And now with a little curry & cream thrown in, they’re super delicious too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- Prepared clean and de-beard
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat deep large skillet on low/medium, add olive oil and cook onion for 5 minutes, add butter, garlic and curry powder and stir in the vermouth, mix thoroughly & bring to the boil
- Stir in the mussels to the sauce, cover and cook on medium for 4 or 5 minutes maximum
- Scoop out mussels and place in a large serving dish
- With remaining liquid in the pan, add cream (to slightly thicken) and cilantro, stir well, then pour over the mussels and serve.
MINI 101 ON MUSSELS
After giving them a thorough wash, and rinse and removing any beards, if any are open give them a firm tap and if they don't start to close up then they need to be discarded as they're already dead. Also, once cooked, the ones that don't open should also be discarded.