The perfect dessert after a big dinner. The recipe calls for rum and you can use whatever you like - but the coconut in Malibu Rum gives it a amazing tropicalness - is that a word?
- 3 mangos, peeled and roughly chopped - save 4 mango wedges for garnish.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice from 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons Malibu Rum (trust me)
- Add all ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan Freeze until solid - 3 to 4 hours.
- Scrape across the top with a big spoon to make a 'shave-ice' like snow, and put into serving glasses - martini glasses work well.
- Garnish with lime zest and a mango wedge
- The other option is to cut the water in half, add more rum and call it a drink with a name like an Island Breeze. But then you'll need one of those little umbrellas...