RECIPE FEATURED ON MY TV EPISODE "NOT SO HEALTHY DAY"
I wasn't a bologna fan until I fried some. This is crazy delicious and should not be ignored.
Makes one, but a really good one.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bun or roll of your choice
- butter, softened
- 5 slices of bologna
- ½ tablespoon grainy mustard
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices American cheese
- Heat small sauté pan on medium-high with olive oil, add the onions and cook until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes
- While they cook, lightly butter the inside of each bun, place cut-side down on a flat top or large non-stick pan untillightly toasted
- Evenly space three small cuts, about 1/2 inch long into the outside edge of bologna (this will help it from curling up) and place on a heated flat griddle or non-stick pan
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until getting golden on the edges
- Melt 1 slice of cheese on 2 slices of bologna
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise on bottom half of the toasted bun and top with caramelized onions
- Then stack all the slices of bologna on the onions, starting with a melted cheese bologna on the bottom, then the other 3 slices and top with the remaining melted cheese bologna
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich