Fried rice – fantastic.
Fried rice pancakes – ridiculously fantastic, in a weird ‘east meets west’ sorta way.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup leftover chilled fried rice
- 1 cup prepared pancake mix (I use "just add water" kind)
- Hoisin sauce for serving
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Re-heat rice
- Pre-heat non-stick skillet, add some oil and ¼ cup of the rice, spread out slightly
- To about a 4 inch circle
- When it starts to sizzle, pour just enough pancake batter slowly over the top to cover
- Cook a couple minutes or until just set on the bottom, then flip and cook until done
- Serve rice side up with a little drizzle of Hoisin sauce and green onions for garnish