Serves 1 to 2
The most gorgeous light, puffed pancake you'll ever have. It's crazy looking and so delicious.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- OPTIONAL FOR SERVING: butter, lemon juice, powdered sugar or syrup
- Preheat oven to 425
- Put a heavy ovenproof pan or a cast iron skillet in the oven for at least 10 minutes while you make the batter to get it really really hot
- Ina large bowl beat eggs well then add milk, flour, cinnamon and vanilla - beat this mixture 3-5 minutes
- Remove pan from oven, and add butter - coat bottom and sides well then pour the batter into the hot skillet all at once, and immediately put back in the oven
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown
- Remove from oven and serve right away - the pancake will start to deflate when out of the oven, but that's ok.