The key to scallops is NOT to overcook them. The easiest way is to make sure your pan is HOT and turn them once they're nicely browned.
- 1 pound large fresh scallops, about 12
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix butter, ginger and green onion together in a small bowl - set aside
- Put non-stick pan on medium/high heat
- Lightly oil scallops and season with salt & pepper
- When the pan is almost smoking, put half the scallops in the pan and sear until golden, 1 to 2 minutes
- Flip over, put half the ginger butter in the pan and as it melts spoon it over the scallops
- Remove when bottom is golden
- Cook remaining scallops the same way, dig?