Gnocchi is a great pantry staple, along with most of the other ingredients, here, so delicious and made in just 10 minutes. And trust me the San Marzano tomatoes make this.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 can tomatoes (San Marzano brand recommended - imported from Italy)
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Sprig fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pack Gnocchi
- Pepper to season
- Heat a large pot of water, bring to a rolling boil, in the meantime…
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, cook the onion for 2 minutes
- Add garlic cook for one minute
- Add tomatoes to the pan (not the sauce) by squishing them using your, hand one by one, mix and when heated through, add the Mascarpone and vodka, mix and cook for 1 minute
- Add the Gnocchi to boiling water, and cook for about 4 minutes or until they float, drain and mix them into the sauce
- Serve, garnish with a sprinkle of basil and freshly ground pepper.