This dish is not just delicious & easy, but also a great switch up from the norm. The perfect side to a juicy steak. Make em and love em!
- 2lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (or similar), sliced about 1/8 inch thick (I used a mandolin)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4oz goat cheese
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice potatoes and put in a large bowl of cold water to keep from turning brown
- Combine cream, milk, garlic, green onions and goat cheese, season well with salt & pepper - mix well.
- Drain potatoes, add to the cream mixture and combine thoroughly / try to keep them from sticking together.
- Pour into a 9x 13 oven proof dish, season with
- Cook for 1 hour or until gorgeous and you can't stand it anymore. Let sit 5 to 10 minute before serving.
TIP: If you want to make this the day before you need them, after cooking just let cool then cover and refrigerate. Then cover with foil and bake about 45 minutes at 250 to reheat.