Halloumi is a hearty Greek cheese you can pan fry, grill or broil. And it’s great in a salad, just watch.
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, ends removed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus a little extra for the halloumi
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 block Halloumi Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Combine romaine, cucmber, tomatoes, olives and red onion in a bowl - toss to mix
- Mix dressing ingredients and add to salad
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan on medium/high heat, lightly drizzle halloumi with a little olive oil and grill halloumi slices for 30-45 seconds on each side or just until brown
- Lay the cheese on top of the salad and serve.