Serves 2. To serve more, just double or triple as necessary.
Yes, this is grilled, and it's as fun to make as it is to eat.
- 1 whole heart of romaine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 3 - 4 slices ready cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium
- Slice a thin piece off the core end of the head, just to clean it up
- Cut lengthways down the middle and brush each half with olive oil
- Place cut side down on grill and cook just until leaves begin to wilt and you get grill marks - flip over and repeat
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on plate.
- Drizzle each half with balsamic vinegar and a little more olive oil
- Then top with bacon, tomato and cheese
- Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste